2. Subjects excluded:
3. Overlap with other collections or subjects:
4. Languages included and excluded:
The main language included at this point is English. English is currently the language used for science all over the world. A lot of the physics before World War II was in German, so a considerable amount of German is still in the collection. Almost all new items are purchased in English.
5. Geographical limitations:
None, although primarily American and European publications are purchased.
6. Chronological limits:
None, although primarily newly published material is purchased.
7. Retrospective acquisition:
Only if specifically requested by a faculty member or to replace lost or missing items. However, older materials are still used heavily.
8. Types of material collected and excluded:
9. Other factors to consider:
10. Subjects and Collecting Levels: Except as noted above, most of physics and astronomy is at level 3B or 4: