2. On the righthand side of the page, under Topo Maps, click on download to access the Map Locator.
3. Search for your area of interest, either by typing in a place name or zooming in and clicking on an area on the map. For example, search for "St. Louis".
4. Add a red marker to the area of interest by clicking on the map.
5. Click on the red marker to see a pop-up showing available maps for that area. Oftentimes there will be a few options, which correspond to the paper USGS topographic map series (7.5x7.5, 30x60. etc). You can also see what year the map was created in.
6. Click download to download a zipped file to your computer.
7. Unzip and view. The file format is a GeoPDF, which contain can be viewed in Adobe Acrobat.
These tutorials from the WU GIS Coordinators office are a great place to get started. Topics include: