Getting Started with Zotero
- Download and install Zotero (Options for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari)
- Register for a free zotero.org account (enables syncing and sharing).
- Sync your Zotero account with Zotero for Firefox or Zotero Standalone.
- Within Zotero click on Actions (gear icon), then select Preferences.
- Select the Sync tab and enter your Zotero account username and password.
- Add citations to Zotero
- Create bibliographies
- Organize your research
- Share and collaborate
What is Zotero?
Zotero is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources.
Take a look at what you can do with Zotero:
- Create and manage citations of books, articles, videos, etc.
- Import citations from databases and the WU Catalog
- Add searchable notes and tags to citations; attach pdf's if desired
- Quickly create a bibliography in multiple formats (MLA, Chicago, APA...)
- Automatically manage in-text citations in Microsoft Word or LibreOffice/OpenOffice
- Easily share references with others
Consultations and Workshops
For a one-on-one consultation send us a message.
Register for a Zotero workshops in the Arc Lab. All classes are an hour.