Washington University in St. Louis
Collection Development Policy
Date Revised: June13, 2017
Subject Librarian: Jessica Kleekamp
1. General purpose:
2. Subjects excluded:
3. Overlap with other collections or subjects:
4. Languages included and excluded:
We collect English language materials extensively. All others are collected only upon request.
5. Geographical limitations:
6. Chronological limits:
7. Retrospective acquisition:
Current material is emphasized, but older material is purchased at the request of faculty and budget adequacy.
8. Types of material collected and excluded:
9. Other factors to consider:
Works by current and retired faculty are collected. All rare books belonging to the library are kept in the Department of Special Collections, Olin Library.
10. Subjects and Collecting Levels:
Nothing on approval ships automatically, only if users select it through the Purchase on Request program (POR).
HT51-1595 Communities. Classes. Races
HV1-9960 Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology