- Create your ORCID record. Important: remember your password and make note of your iD; this can stay with you throughout your career even after you leave WUSTL.
You may link your ORCiD account to WUSTL Connect (while you are at WU), Facebook or Google+ if you prefer. Different ways to sign into ORCID includes information on how to unlink your personal account from the alternatives when you wish.
- As you wish, populate with your employment, education, funding, and works, (publications, presentation, and other creations). Manually add information or linking tools may be helpful for populating your Works, such as Researcher ID, Scopus Author ID, MLA International Bibliography's MLA BibLink, and CrossRef Metadata search. New publications that have DOIs can automatically be added to your ORCiD profiles if you give CrossRef permission to do that.
- Review your sharing choices: Each item in each field including your email address(es) have separate options to select whether you want to share with everyone, selected people, or only yourself. You may change choices any time by signing back into your ORCID account. It is your option, but we request that you include a shared-with-everyone wustl.edu email address on your profile. Your wustl.edu email does not need to be your primary email address.
- Optional: designate a trusted individual to populate and update your ORCID account.
- Optional: Grant permission for CrossRef and Data Cite to add information about your publications and data as your DOIs which include ORCiD come to CrossRef and DataCite from publishers and other sources.
More information and documentation: ORCID website user knowledgebase