The purpose of this guide is to introduce PowerPoint as a potential software to present your research at the Undergraduate Research Symposium.
Why use this software?
1. The program comes with a complete tutorial. You can access this by clicking on the help portion of the tool bar. The web also has an overwhelming amount of well-written Articles. TeAch-nology.com has highlighted our favorite sites in the "Learn PowerPoint" section of this tutorial. This is accessible by clicking on "Learn PowerPoint" to the left.
· 2. There are plenty of sites on the web that allow you to access many types of different media (pictures, sounds, movies, etc.) for free. Try www.lycos.com , www.av.com, images.google.com.
· 3. Microsoft has made available a free PowerPoint viewer that allows you to show presentations on any computer made in the last five years. You can find download an area by visiting www.microsoft.com and type "PowerPoint Viewer" into their search engine.
· 4. PowerPoint makes it easy to convert any presentation into a web page. You just have to save your presentation as HTML.
5. It has a spell-check function! Something our black boards and overheads lack.