Each article is:
- a comprehensive survey of a narrow legal issue
- thoroughly researched
- includes treatment of the issue across jurisdictions
- published by West, but on both Lexis Advance and WestlawNext.
You will not find an ALR for every legal issue, but it is well worth your time to see if one exists because ALRs are a goldmine of legal information.
ALRs are published by West, but can be found on both Lexis Advance and WestlawNext
When to use ALRs:
- Find a survey of a legal issue
- Across jurisdictions
- With differing fact patterns
- Identify cases and statutes on your legal issue
- ALRs are generally NOT the best secondary sources to cite.