Skip to Main Content
From Bill to Annotated Code ... part 1
- session laws contain the laws arranged by legislative session
- codes contain the laws arranged by subject
- annotated codes contain value added information and are typically published commercially
- references to cases interpreting the statute
- cross references to related code sections
- law review articles discussing it
- encyclopedias and treatise references
- notes about the statute's history
- references to applicable forms and other practice materials
- references to applicable West/Lexis topics and subtopics.
- Must consider entire statutory scheme ... usually not just one section is relevant.
From Bill to Annotated Code ... part 2