Washington University in St. Louis
Collection Development Policy
Subject: Latin American Studies
Date Revised: Unavailable
Subject Librarian: Daria Carson-Dussán
1. General purpose:
In its present configuration, the LAS collection has a strong cultural studies orientation, which is not surprising as most of the faculty is made up of members of the Spanish side of the Romance Languages and Literatures Department. The second largest faculty component is from the Anthropology Department with the Political Science Department being third and History, the fourth.
2. Subjects excluded:
3. Overlap with other collections or subject:
4. Languages included and excluded:
5. Geographical limitations:
Caribbean, Central and South America
6. Chronological limits:
Focus on 19th, 20th and 21st Century.
7. Retrospective Acquisition:
In the last two years, retrospective acquisition of several American University Latin American Press series were completed.
8. Types of material collected and excluded:
9. Other factors to consider:
10. Subjects and Collecting Levels:
Basic, Instructional Support, Research, Comprehensive